Friday, September 5, 2008

Setting up network between host and guest machines in VMWare

Friday, September 5, 2008
I am using Windows XP Host and have installed VMWare for Linux RHEL 5 which will be the Guest operating system.I will get the request timed out error When am trying to ping the IP address of host machine from Guest machine and vice versa.

After Googling, I found the solution and now am able to ping or connect between the host and guest machines.

The problem is quite simple.By default, i have selected the VMWare network configuration as NAT settings.After that, I have changed the settings to Bridge Networking.

Now it's Working fine...........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the robust Network Monitoring program for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central network manager
? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!

Anonymous said...

I read this paragraph completely on the topic of the comparison of latest and previous technologies, it's amazing article.
Here is my homepage mederma for stretch marks